Ahhh Twitter. One could create a pretty strong argument that Twitter’s popularity among cyclists is a direct result of EPO. One could also argue that it is simply the easiest way to share your race success with your friends and fans while still gasping for air at the finish line.
So, in a fashion not unlike Follow Friday (but clearly not #FF, because that is all messed up lately) I thought I’d throw out some of the names I follow. This list is by no means complete, nor should you assume that someone that I do not follow is not worth following. But of you are looking for something else to consume data on your smartphone’s data plan, here’s some good ones to follow:
Pro Cyclists and Teams
- Jens Voigt @thejensie – #ShutUpLegs had to be a thing.
- Chris Horner @hornerakg – Because who doesn’t want to wonder why the hell ‘akg’ is in his handle
- Emily Kachorek @EmilyKachorek – Bad ass cyclist from VanderKitten
- Vanderkitten @vanderkitten – Because they’re full of bad ass cyclists like Emily Kachorek. And they also seem to have this whole social media thingy nailed.
- Jonathan Vaughters @Vaughters – Has some funny stuff to say sometimes. And knows a thing or two about cycling
- Johan Bruyneel @JohanBruyneel – He says a ton of funny stuff too. Unfortunately it is usually when he is actually being serious.
- Alberto Contador @albertocontador – We all need a reason to work on our spanish.
- Team Sky @TeamSky – They taught me that Brits race bikes too.
- Fabian Cancellara @f_cancellara – Apparently his tweets are sexier than everyone else’s.
- Cadel Evans @CadelOfficial – It is fun to read his tweets with an Australian accent.
- Phil Southerland @PhilSoutherland – Because diabetic cyclists kick ass. I know from personal experience.
Cycling Media Folks – Bloggers, journalists, photographers, etc
- Veloimages @veloimages – Nice guys taking beautiful pictures. ‘Nuf said.
- Richard Masoner @cyclelicious – Guy spits out blog posts like a sub-machine gun.
- Ted Rogers @bikinginla – Because he’s on the VeloReviews home page.
- VeloReviews @veloreviews – Because I’m under contract to plug them.
- Bike Hugger @bikehugger – Because. Just because.
Tweet away folks…