Cross posted from Just Another Pedaler.
Splinster is a new peer-to-peer bike rental service. Actually they include bike shops too although I didn’t spot any when I was browsing. The biggest limitation is that so far they are only listing bikes from New York City and San Francisco. The second limitation is so far you have to list a bike before you can browse. Still this is a pretty cool idea. When traveling, especially for business, you have limited options to ride.
- Ride an exercise bike in the hotel – yuck!
- Borrow a bike from a friend – I did this in India.
- Rent a bike – I have done this in Las Vegas and San Antonio.
- Buy a cheap bike and donate it when leaving – I did this in Boston.
- Ship your bike – interesting but I have not tried it.
- Take your bike on the plane with you – I am too cheap for this.
Or cruise around town with this stylish classic Raleigh:
If you want to mix transit with riding or need to take the bike inside, this folder could work: