Finally, a new headset.

My new Chris King headset finally arrived this afternoon. After five years with my original headset, five years I should say of me WAY over tightening my original headset, it was badly brinneled.

Using the really cool Park cup remover tool:

I took the old headset out, ready to replace with the new one:

Then grabbed my handy new press:

And pressed everything into place, smooth as silk. I then put on the new red carbon fiber spacers and did the usual stuff to put the stem and handlebars on and violla!!! No more brinneling.

This new headset is as smooth as butter.

Note: I also made sure the stem cap and stem were properly torqued…:)